Subject: Re: [boost] [xpressive] Performance Tuning?
From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-18 11:15:02

OvermindDL1 wrote:
> To be honest, I had to change the core::to_number lines (commented
> out) to boost::lexical_cast (right below the commented version), so
> the xpressive version could be slightly faster if I actually had the
> implementation of core::to_number available, and core::to_number was
> well made.

This could very well be the source of a major slow-down. Doesn't
lexical_cast use string streams to do the conversion? It seems to me
that you're comparing apples to oranges.

Also, the warning you saw came from the user-created semantic action,
not from xpressive.

Robert, can you please post your complete code so that we can actually
have meaningful numbers to look at? Thanks.

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing