Subject: Re: [boost] [xpressive] Performance Tuning?
From: Edward Grace (ej.grace_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-19 09:27:03

> There are compilation errors indeed.

If you've tried building example_timer.cpp can you post up the errors
you're getting? I don't have access to a Windows machine.

> Please try to fix the errors first (*). You can get Spirit by getting
> the Boost trunk off SVN.

Ok, will do.

> (*) Also, please make sure you try it on Windows too. E.g. <sys/
> time.h>
> is non-standard, AFAIK.

No can do, I don't have access to a windows machine.

The <sys/time.h> is just for gettimeofday().

The actual generic_timer is chronometer agnostic (or should be) so
any function you have to get a given high precision time should just
'go'. Perhaps if you post up your timer I can try that - or at least
make an interface that will work.

> My main compiler is VC9. Your library is
> intended to be cross platform, right?

Indeed, *intended* is the operative word. I've only tried it on OS X
and Linux.

-ed
"No more boom and bust." -- Dr. J. G. Brown, 1997