Subject: Re: [boost] [xpressive] Performance Tuning?
From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-19 14:30:31

> >> The actual generic_timer is chronometer agnostic (or should be) so
> >> any
> >> function you have to get a given high precision time should just
> >> 'go'.
> >> Perhaps if you post up your timer I can try that - or at least
> >> make an
> >> interface that will work.
> >
> > I believe Overmind posted that sometime ago included in the 7Z file
> > "Spirit_Price_Code1.7z"
>
> Hi Joel,
>
> It appears to be in your SVN tree - however it doesn't really help.
> It seems to be unapologetically Windows only.

Nope, the high_resolution timer components is cross platform. I tested it on
Windows, Linux, and MacOS.

> I tried to compile your example but was unsure of what to pull from
> the SVN tree. Is it Spirit2? Could you please supply the precise
> svn repository? I tried these two:
>
> svn checkout https://spirit.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/spirit/
> trunk/final/boost/
> svn checkout https://spirit.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/spirit/
> trunk/Spirit2x/
>
> but wasn't sure which (if anything) was correct, so didn't know if
> the errors I was getting were because I was looking at the wrong
> thing or doing something dim.

Please use Boost SVN trunk here:

https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/trunk/boost/spirit
https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/trunk/libs/spirit

and make sure to put these directories in front of your normal Boost
installation (V1.37 is required at minimum). The high_resultion_timer.hpp is
here:

https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/trunk/libs/spirit/benchmarks/high_resolution
_timer.hpp

HTH