Subject: Re: [boost] [xpressive] Performance Tuning?
From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-20 09:49:31

Thorsten Ottosen wrote:
> OvermindDL1 skrev:
>> On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 7:18 AM, Stewart, Robert
>> <Robert.Stewart_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>> I'm getting tired of reading your indirect insults of me. I already
>>> responded that I would post complete code if and when I could. I'm
>>> pleased to see you so excited to work on this now and to show that
>>> using Spirit may well be the ideal solution. I'm sorry for your
>>> irritation that more from me is not forthcoming, but I cannot do more
>>> just now. Please drop the negativity.
>>
>> No insults intended. Just on the other lists I frequent, posting
>> incomplete source-code is not allowed, and such 'hints' serve to
>> remind people of that. Habit is hard to drop on other lists since
>> that rule is so amazingly useful. :)
>
> Well, the code might not be yours to post, e.g. your employer might not
> allow you to do that without permission.
>
> Furthermore, one can ofte give very fast aswers if one does not need to
> test code etc.

Agreed, but Rob somehow presented a challenge when he said:

"The purpose of this exercise is to compare the code and performance,
so they must all perform the same task."

This implies that there's a code to compare to and benchmark
against. Also, it's rather frustrating to see posted benchmarks
without being able to really test them and scrutinize the code for
possible errors, etc.

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman