Subject: [boost] [Date_Time] -proposal to overload tz_database::load_from_file method
From: Slawomir Dors (dors_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-21 17:38:54

    Hi !

  I'm using the Date_Time library on Windows. The "tz_database" has only one
method to populate it with the data from "date_time_zonespec.csv" file. It
is "load_from_file" method which takes a filename in std::string. I wonder
if it's possible to overload that method so it could be more generic (and
much more useful). It could take for example a reference to std::istream
object. The idea is to avoid to save the data in a .csv file on a disk. I
could then put the data in the resources of an .exe or .dll file, create
some stream object derived from std::istream and load into the "tz_database"
object. The second limitation of the existing version of "load_from_file" is
that I can't use unicode string to provide the filename. What the Developers
think about such small addition ?

Cheers,

Slawomir Dors