Subject: Re: [boost] [introspection] Status
From: joel (joel.falcou_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-22 04:14:32

Richard Hazlewood wrote:
> I see the vault contains some introspection helpers (for checking for member
> function existence). AFAICT these utilities are not currently in boost nor scheduled for review.
> Are there any plans to bring them forward?

I wish but there is still a substantial amoutn of work on them to make
them work properly on MSVC.
Unfortunately I have neither time nor proper knowledge of MSVC internal
to make it in a reasonable
amount of time. If anyone want to lend a hand, it'll be much
appreciated. When this blockers are removed,
then, yeah, some review may be asked. But i'm not sure we need to
clutter boost with yet another MP namespace.
They may fit nicely into type_traits.

> (There appears to be an overlap with some of the introspection utils in mpl -
> though only for member variables there.)

Overlaps with ? MPL has check for inner type existence that's all no ?
Anyway, this can be fixed easily ;)

Joel Falcou - Assistant Professor
PARALL Team - LRI - Universite Paris Sud XI
Tel : (+33)1 69 15 66 35