Subject: Re: [boost] [TR1][Hash] New failures?
From: Daniel James (daniel_james_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-24 10:32:57

2009/7/23 John Maddock <john_at_[hidden]>:
>>> Anyone any idea what's causing the TR1:Hash tests to fail on the release
>>> branch? The TR1 code hasn't changed so I assume that a change in
>>> Boost::hash has broken these?

I think these are fixed on trunk now, I'll give it another day for
more tests to run and then merge if it looks okay.

For the record, there were a couple of problems. One was an odd bug in
Visual C++ 7.1/8 which I think I've worked around. Although I'm not
sure exactly what triggered it.

The other problem was that the containers emulate C++0x std::pair
constructors, which includes:

    template<class U, class... Args>
    pair(U&& x, Args&&... args);

This is the best match for input_iterator_archetype's reference type.
It converts the argument to key_type instead of value_type which
caused the error. I've just removed support for the single argument
version and I'll wait to see what the draft without concepts says
(concepts would have fixed this). Gcc's version is defined to have at
least two arguments so I guess this issue is well known.

The constructor should probably also be 'explicit', so that's another
thing I'll look out for.

Daniel