Subject: Re: [boost] "I want everything" should build "out of the box" (onWindows)
From: OvermindDL1 (overminddl1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-28 08:10:08

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 3:37 AM, John Maddock<john_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> That Boost.Regex and ICU annoyances took
>> a bit of time to figure out when I first experienced each of those
>> errors, and the odd thing, those errors have been propagating through
>> many version now, and new ones seem to keep popping up, many of which
>> I have talked about on this list, how to fix it, why it should be
>> fixed, but no one that has commit privileges has yet done anything.
>
> Sorry I must have missed that, what's the problem/fix?

The "error: link=shared together with runtime-link=static is not
allowed" problem is the newest problem I have, appeared in recent
versions, prevents us from doing a complete build. The ICU renaming
thing, well, <quick google search>, Ooo, looky, the 2nd result (1st is
the Boost.Regex docs) is one of my old (well, the most recent one)
posts on this exact subject on the boost-users mailing list. :)
http://lists.boost.org/boost-users/2008/12/43214.php
I have made much older posts as well, but google cannot find them it
seems... But yea, ICU version 3 (and they are *well* past that now,
version 3 is really old now) changed the naming convention of their
shared libraries, thus Boost does not link with it without renaming
things. Check that post for what they were.