Subject: Re: [boost] [xpressive] Performance Tuning?
From: OvermindDL1 (overminddl1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-28 08:56:42

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 6:44 AM, Stewart, Robert<Robert.Stewart_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> P.S. I would be quite happy if anyone could get rid of that
>> freakishly long double->int64_t cast warning in the xpressive code, I
>> like clean builds. :)
>
> I don't get the warning, so you'll have to be more specific.

Here are the warnings I get, there are two, the first is plain and basic:
1>r:\programming_projects\spirit_price\price_parsing\main.cpp(789) :
warning C4244: '=' : conversion from 'const boost::int64_t' to
'double', possible loss of data

Although this is with the above ejg file set I posted so the line
number might be wrong, the line of code is: value = _result /
denominator;

The other warning is apparently a single xpressive warning about a
conversion from int64_t to double. The line of code in main.hpp it
references is:
  const sregex price =
     *blank
>> !sign
>> (real | mixed_number | fraction | integer)
>> *space;

And the long error is (this outdoes even the sizable spirit error
message ;-) How I wish we were getting concepts in C++1x, I still do
not understand why they took it out):
Hmm, apparently too big to post on this list (over 800kb, yes, for one
error message from xpressive). I put it in a text file, zipped it up,
and attached it, now 6kb.