Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Plot? - Scalable Vector Graphics
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-30 13:14:40

On
> Behalf Of Christian Henning
> Sent: 30 July 2009 16:28
> To: boost_at_[hidden]
> Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Plot? - Scalable Vector Graphics
>
> Paul and all other,
>
> how complicated might it be to spit out a gil image from the plot
> rather than a svg file? Is it possible to templatize svg_2d_plot to
> 2d_plot< svg > and then 2d_plot< gil::image >. I'm sure it's possible
> but how much work would it be? I could see myself writing the gil
> portion.

Would it be possible to use the SVG text from an ostream or an array of
bytes to convert to gil_image?

This might be much simpler to implement. All the functions are geared to
outputting SVG commands and it would require a complete duplication of the
exceedingly many functions.

Another Booster pointed me to Qt Widgets as a renderer

"
QSvgWidget::QSvgWidget ( const QString & file, QWidget * parent = 0 )

Constructs a new SVG display widget with the given parent and loads the
contents of the specified file.
"

Seems promising - is there a similar svg to gil_image converter?

But then I'm entirely ignorant of gil_images :-)

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow
Prizet Farmhouse