Subject: Re: [boost] Please Help: Experienced very bad performance withMulti-index
From: Jarolin, Robert (Robert.Jarolin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-30 15:18:05

Actually, I found the issue. I will try to explain it as follows:

Assume that I have data that needs to be hashed by 4 different keys
(key1, key2, key3, key4). If there are situations where key3 and key4
are non unique and I make them the same value for every entry, when I
remove an entry from my table that has a lot of entries (ex. 10000), it
may take seconds to for the removal to take place.

Is there a way to improve on this? Something like be able to tell the
multiindex to not always hash a key if the value is not set (example, if
integer, value of -1 means not set)?

Thanks for any help.