Subject: Re: [boost] 0MQ messaging in Boost
From: Brian Wood (woodbrian77_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-30 16:33:12

Maciej Sobczak writes:
> A high-level solution - and the one that is reasonably portable - would
> need to be coupled/supplemented with serializer/deserializer, which
> actually already exists in Boost. In this context the integration with
> Boost would indeed make it an interesting exercise, except for the fact
> that the Boost serialization library is not very fast.

I opened trac 2945 to suggest a performance improvement
related to associative containers that could be fairly easily
addressed. It doesn't seem to be much of a priority at this
point.

> My personal and humble opinion is that such a couple would fall out of
> your intended/typical benchmarks. How would you promote it then? Who
> would constitute the target audience?
Companies with no qualms about throwing money at faster hardware?

Brian Wood
Ebenezer Enterprises
www.webEbenezer.net

"Then Samuel took a rock and set it up between Mizpah and Shen.
He named it Ebenezer [Rock of Help] and said, 'Until now the L-RD
has helped us.'"