Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.Plot? - Scalable Vector Graphics
From: Max (more4less_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-30 22:10:12

Thank you Paul.

> > One Simple question.
> >
> > I've never used svg format before. We know it's quite easy to show an
SVG
> > file in IE or so by drag-n-drop, how can we visualize SVG file by our
own,
> > that means how to show the plots in my program not using a browser?
>
> Well you can also add them to html and pdf (as is shown in the SVG plot
> docs) and other document files, but otherwise your program has to have a
> way
> to render the files, perhaps by invoking a browser or a viewer like
Inkscape
> (free open source).

What I need is to render the SVG files in my program without relying on a
browser
like IE. Inkscape seems to be a standalone vector graphics editor. Is there
any vector
rendering lib with a simple interface visualizing a vector graphics file,
like SVG?

I believe the combinition of your plot lib + any svg rendering lib will
greaty make life
easier and happier. :-)
Thank you.

> (You can view the SVG source with any editor - it's plain readable text -
> and you can even edit it to change things).

Yes. Thanks for pointing out this.

> HTH
>
> Paul
>
> ---