Subject: Re: [boost] [Serialization] Bizarre bug
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-06 13:22:20

Jarl Lindrud wrote:
> Robert Ramey <ramey <at> rrsd.com> writes:
> Fair enough. I've no problem with the defaults being set one way or
> another, but perhaps it's a bit problematic to let compile-time
> properties of a program influence the runtime archive formats, to the
> point where they can even become unreadable.
>
> FWIW this bug was reported to me by users of RCF (
> http://www.codeproject.com/ KB/threads/Rcf_Ipc_For_Cpp.aspx ), a C++
> IPC framework that supports several serialization frameworks, one of
> them being Boost Serialization.

I'm still intrigued as to how such a situation could come up where
something is saved through a pointer but in another program it isn't.
I looked at the above link and didn't find this. Basically, my view
is that anyone tripped up by this error can't be writing anything
that makes sense anyway. I'm looking for a counter example to
this.

Robert Ramey