Subject: Re: [boost] RFC - Updated MapReduce library
From: joel (joel.falcou_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-09 07:41:16

Craig Henderson wrote:
> This is how it started :) I'm happy to change it back again if consensus is
> that it is a cleaner interface. But doesn't it enable/encourage misuse of
> the separation of map tasks?

You can use tag dispatching, Concepts or SFINAE to check for some
properties of the function object (aka nb of parametrs etc).
> Sorry, but I'm not really understanding your point. Where in the user code
> is your objection? Can you cite an example and provide your preferred
> alternative?

I'll write some stuff later on this issue.
> Thanks ! It should be easy to implement an openMP schedule_policy within
> the current framework.

Well I was thinking of comparing your framework to hand written openMP.
> Yes, I'll add that too.

Joel Falcou - Assistant Professor
PARALL Team - LRI - Universite Paris Sud XI
Tel : (+33)1 69 15 66 35