Subject: Re: [boost] [Serialization] Bizarre bug
From: Matthias Troyer (troyer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-10 13:28:32

On Aug 10, 2009, at 12:06 PM, Robert Ramey wrote:

> So in short, I believe that the only way to have such
> a problem is include dummy code which I don't
> consider a huge problem.

The "dummy" code could be from serialization of different classes to a
different archive in another part of a big program. Consider for
example our ALPS library for which we will use Boost.Serialization in
the future, and already use it via Boost.MPI. If a user extends our
framework with a class that serializes a vector<double> through a
pointer, all the files written by the framework that serialized
vector<double> will become unreadable! The only solution I see is to
use archive wrappers that remove all tracking information for the
files written by the framework.

Matthias