Subject: Re: [boost] different matrix library?
From: DE (satan66613_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-11 09:49:08

on 11.08.2009 at 15:18
 Rutger ter Borg wrote :
> I've started some work on integrating a high-level interface to BLAS/LAPACK
> in the Numeric Bindings library (which is in the sandbox, see
> http://tinyurl.com/otes8m). E.g., the high-level solve function intends to
> collapse about 40 lapack functions into one c++ function.
wrapping blas or uBLAS is not my intent
uBLAS does not support some handy concepts such as complexity of expressions
so if you try to wrap uBLAS involving complexity you probably simply double
code size because too many is to be wrapped
e.g. (V1+V2) has linear complexity, (M1*V1) has square compl.,
(M1*M2) has cubic compl. etc.

> There's also Karl Meerbergen's GLAS library at http://tinyurl.com/nx7tld.
again as i can see it's a wrapper, not a standalone lib

--
Pavel