Subject: Re: [boost] different matrix library?
From: joel (joel.falcou_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-12 04:15:10

> i tried to parallelize some operations using openmp but got
> significant speedup only for matrix-vector and matrix-matrix
> multiplication
YOu have to test larger problem than that. I've threaded alrge image
processing algorithm, motne carlo simulation etc and all benefit from
threading. BEware also that things like cache false sharing and wrong
setup of private variable may screw up openMP.
For pthread, see my former paper at EuroPar 08. I added a tempalte layer
able to compute when it was useful to parallelize a given expression.
> so the question is: is threading for such lib needed as air
Yes, but as all thing like this, you need to be able to set up a policy
for it.

Joel Falcou - Assistant Professor
PARALL Team - LRI - Universite Paris Sud XI
Tel : (+33)1 69 15 66 35