Subject: Re: [boost] [Serialization] Bizarre bug
From: Zoran Cvetkov (zoran.cvetkov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-12 15:19:56

Jarl Lindrud wrote:
> Robert Ramey <ramey <at> rrsd.com> writes:
>

>>> I'm not versed in the internals of B.Ser. , so I really can't suggest
>>> how to fix this. I just want to see it acknowledged as a real issue,
>>>
>> I think I did this in response to Jeffrey Bosboom's post.
>>
>> Robert Ramey
>>

> Indeed... Thanks for your time, I will rest my fingers now. :)
>
> Regards,
> Jarl.

Actualy a solution might be that your customers change default tracking
strategy to track_allways. Then all of the discussed problems would
vanish. It is not very difficult to do it just grep for
track_selectively and apply relevant changes. I had a similar problem
when I ran serialization from different DLLs and that change seems to
have fixed the problem.

On the other hand it would be nice if one can set default strategy for
the archive somehow. Doing it for each and single class is not the most
convenient thing to do. Also hacking the library the way I proposed
above is not a pleasent experience either... Any suggestions Robert?