Subject: Re: [boost] different matrix library?
From: Joel Falcou (joel.falcou_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-14 11:56:53

DE wrote:
> behold!
>
> i've put my lib in the vault/linalg
> there are sources as well as documentation (zipped html and CHM file)
>
> if you are interested you might try to use it or even perform some
> performance testing (would you mind to post results in that case?)
>
> i tried to write documentation so that any user would be able to
> figure out what's going on and use the lib without difficulties
> if you'd run through it i hope you get the image of my proposition

A few comments :

* prefer operator () to operator[]. operator[] is never needed and is
less generic
* do you handle multi-dimensional matrix with dim > 2 ?
* separating matrix and vector is a bad idea cause a vector is always a
matrix. Moreover, you lead the user to wonder about the "orientation" of
the vector.
* a lot of things need to be doen as policy instead of separate class
* If you want to handle more complex operations, using a NRC allcoation
schema is better than a sole T* for holding data
* why rewriting expr. tempalte from scratch when proto's around ?