Subject: Re: [boost] [C++0x] Report from Frankfurt committee meeting
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-15 09:54:29

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 1:48 AM, David Abrahams<dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> on Wed Aug 12 2009, Eric Niebler <eric-AT-boostpro.com> wrote:
>
>> <aside>
>> I bet for C++0x compilers that support SFINAE on expressions, we could build a much
>> nicer Boost.ConceptCheck library.
>
> Yep

As others have already pointed out, static_assert is also helpful. It
can generate much more targeted error messages.

Function template argument defaults are also very helpful, since
enable_if can be applied to the template argument rather than a
function argument or return value. That results in cleaner,
easier-to-read, code.

>> I'd be curious to see how far we could go.
>> </aside>

Ditto.

--Beman