Subject: Re: [boost] [1.40.0] Unmerged changes delaying beta 1
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-15 10:35:47

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 7:58 PM, Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve<rwgk_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Sorry, the release branch is badly out of date for Boost.Python. I've only maintained
> the trunk for a long time.

Isn't this a showstopper? Is there any reason not to merge into
branches/release right away?

There are, however, two tests (exec and exec-dynamic) that are failing
on trunk for all platforms. Do these need fixes?

> A few days ago someone suggested re-branching after the 1.40 release. How likely is this
> to happen?

I must have missed that thread. Which one was it?

We never re-branch the trunk. If a library has changes in trunk that
should go in the next release, those changes need to be merged into
branches/release.

--Beman