Subject: Re: [boost] different matrix library?
From: joel (joel.falcou_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-16 15:49:14

Rutger ter Borg wrote:
> IMHO, for a next generation C++ linear algebra library to be really
> successful, I think the following properties are desired
>
> * split containers from expressions

That's a given no ?
> * split algorithms from expressions, i.e., enable pluggable/customisable
> back-ends into the expression templates

Ultimately, the idea could be to have a way to fall back to BLAS or w/e
exists ona given platform when specified.
> * achieve performance of FORTRAN-based programs (dominant in HPC)

By handling low level parallelism construct, we can even out perform it.

Add also multi-parallel architecture support. Next 10 years will eb full
of dense integrated multicores everywhere.
So better take time to be prepared for that.

Joel Falcou - Assistant Professor
PARALL Team - LRI - Universite Paris Sud XI
Tel : (+33)1 69 15 66 35