Subject: Re: [boost] different matrix library?
From: joel (joel.falcou_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-17 02:30:34

DE wrote:
> about tons of user types
No, I was speaking of matrix of user defined nuemrical types ;)
But the discussion on shape is good
> [snip]
>
> resume: in my opinion this all is convinient, delivers clarity of user
> code, easy to understand and implement, easy to customize and extend
>
> what do you think about it
Yet again, use policy. It'll clutter the code to have 34567 names for
different object while having the shape as a template policy is
prolly better. ANd the enforcement of shape semantic has to be implicit
and static, no need for need_simmetric.

matrix<float, settings(diagonal)> m;

For checking arguments of elements with same shape, just use tag
dispatching or SFINAE instead of concrete typing.

Joel Falcou - Assistant Professor
PARALL Team - LRI - Universite Paris Sud XI
Tel : (+33)1 69 15 66 35