Subject: Re: [boost] different matrix library?
From: joel (joel.falcou_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-17 05:16:13

Rutger ter Borg wrote:
> Ok. I am looking through the documentation of version 2, there are things I
> like, and some things to lesser extend, mainly because it tries to mimic
> Matlab.
That's the design rationale of NT2. Main use case is : take a .M, get a
.cpp, compile, ???, profit.

> Have you considered creating a more C++-like domain-specific
> language, taking elements from various domain-specific languages?

We started yes. But NT2 is a two men work, so it took times. But in the
end, the goal is to have a flexible code base for "optimized computation
on N-D table" and plug-in domain-specific interface on top of this. My
main research topic is all about that, I just need time+people ;)

Joel Falcou - Assistant Professor
PARALL Team - LRI - Universite Paris Sud XI
Tel : (+33)1 69 15 66 35