Subject: Re: [boost] different matrix library?
From: DE (satan66613_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-20 13:33:43

on 20.08.2009 at 21:14
 joel wrote :
>> is there a more fresh edition of that book? cause it seems not so
>> modern at this moment
> OK, at this point, I'm startign to wonder if you're like trolling or
> something.
calm down please!
i'm just kidding!

>> blame me but i don't like such non standard features because they are
>> too tricky (in a bad sense) and not general
>> but as a last resort...
> yeah sure, that's why boost::result_of is sooooo bad to use.
> Come on, I like discussion but stating incorrect things like this won't
> get far.
> So before dissing stuff you don't know about, learn.
i didn't say that it is sooooo bad to use it
i just said what i said

returning to policies
i ran through pediwikia
actually (as now i know what exactly policy means) that was one of the
first things that i thought about (though i didn't know that there was
a name for it)
but publicly inheriting an actual implementation... i do hope there is
another way (and trying hard to find out)

(a thought: maybe some minor things could be harmlessly implemented
right that way, but not whole class implementation)

--
Pavel