Subject: Re: [boost] [signals2] How to build docs?
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-22 04:56:40

> On Friday 21 August 2009, John Maddock wrote:
>> I'm looking into building PDF versions of the docs for 1.40 and I'm
>> having
>> trouble building the signals2 docs. For example if I cd into
>> libs/signals2/doc and build from there, then the XML code snippets aren't
>> found. Likewise if I build as a dependency from doc/pdf.
>
> It works for me. I don't think I've ever tried to build pdf output
> though,
> only html. What error messages do you get?

For now, I'm just trying to build the HTML from within libs/signals2/doc, it
builds cleanly with apparently no errors, but there were some "failed to
load external entity" XSLT warnings that lead to the HTML having no code
snippets in it, for example the first section of the tutorial contains:

"Hello, World! (Beginner)

The following example writes "Hello, World!" using signals and slots. First,
we create a signal sig, a signal that takes no arguments and has a void
return value. Next, we connect the hello function object to the signal using
the connect method. Finally, use the signal sig like a function to call the
slots, which in turns invokes HelloWorld::operator() to print "Hello,
World!".

<xi:include></xi:include>

<xi:include></xi:include>"

Which is clearly not intended.

The program that extracts the code snippets seems to run OK, I just don't
see any generated XML files anywhere?

This is on Windows BTW.

Thanks, John.