Subject: Re: [boost] [signals2] How to build docs?
From: Frank Mori Hess (fmhess_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-22 16:18:43

On Saturday 22 August 2009, John Maddock wrote:
> There's something compiler dependent going on here:
>
> * The --path option passed to xsltproc appears to be correct whatever
> compiler I use, but:
> * Building with msvc-8 results in no XML files generated - leading to
> xsltproc errors
> * Building with gcc-3 (Mingw32) results in XML files that are all empty
> - leading to more xsltproc errors
> * Building with gcc-4 (Mingw32 alpha) results in valid xml files.

Try applying changeset [55722] in trunk:

https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/55722/trunk/libs/signals2/doc/snippet_extractor.cpp

it fixes the problem with mingw gcc3 for me at least. Apparently, some
compilers set an error bit when you call the close method of a default
constructed ofstream, and some don't.