Subject: Re: [boost] compression format (was: Plotting graphs in Scalable Vector Graphics format.)
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-26 04:53:30

Behalf Of
> OvermindDL1
> Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 10:37 PM
> To: boost_at_[hidden]
> Subject: Re: [boost] compression format (was: Plotting graphs in Scalable
Vector Graphics
> format.)
> > Could you please use a more widely supported packaging / compression format?
(E.g., gzip, bz2)

> 7z is rather widely used from what I have seen
> 7z compresses a *lot* better then gzip/bzip/zip/etc...

It does indeed - half the size of 'vanilla' zip which is why I used it -

My attempt to send in zip was thwarted by the 75 kb limit on attached files :-(

> Takes more memory and time to do the initial compression, but is fast
decompressing.

> I really doubt you would have any issues opening it,
> on my Kubuntu install I just click to open it, ditto with my windows.

But for those still having trouble - and really interested - I have also
burdened the Boost vault

http://www.boostpro.com/vault/index.php?direction=0&order=&directory=Miscellaneo
us/SVG_demo_Plots&

aka

http://tinyurl.com/llcvac

in both zipped and uncompressed format (you will note that ALL these examples
are only 300 kb, roughly 25 kb each).

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow