Subject: Re: [boost] [polygon] examplefile compilation failed
From: Thomas Klimpel (Thomas.Klimpel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-31 16:25:28

Joachim Faulhaber wrote:
> after replacing
> gtl::
> by
> boost::polygon::
> and
> namespace gtl { ... }
> by
> namespace boost { namespace polygon { ... } }
>
> and adding
>
> typedef int coordinate_type;
>
> to struct CPoint
>
> the code finally compiled.
> Are these examples intended to be excercises ;)

Did you realize that they are extremely challenging exercises?
Replacing" namespace gtl { ... }" by "namespace boost { namespace polygon { ... } }" is correct and sufficient to make the files compile with gcc compilers. (As you can guess, this got broken when the library was renamed from gtl to boost::polygon.)

The challenging part is to make the examples compile with msvc-9, by introducing the correct workarounds in the code of the library itself. I had hoped that Steven Wantanabe would try to face this challenge, because it looks as if he was the one who helped fix the other msvc issues. So I counted this compile-failure as a test coverage issue of the unit-tests in my review.

Regards,
Thomas