Subject: Re: [boost] [GSoC] Boost.Python py3k support project final report
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-01 01:12:29

Haoyu Bai wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As GSoC is officially finished, this is the final report of the
> Boost.Python py3k(Python 3) support project. The goal of this project
> is to provide seamless support for Python 2 and 3 in Boost.Python. So
> extension modules using Boost.Python can be easily migrated to Python
> 3.

> Currently, all the BPL test cases passed when running under Python 3,
> and there are almost no change for most of the test cases.

> I'm going to merge the py3k branch back to trunk. After the merge,
> more tests can be done to check is there any regression, also some
> people may want to start to use it to make your projects run on Python
> 3. Then I can get some bug report and feedback, thus more improvement
> is expected.

Haoyu,

not being involved in this, I naturally cannot comment on details, but from
a distance this looks like very good project. You have taken on a clearly
delineated task and then completed it to the degree of trunk-ready. This
is a very concrete improvement, and I'm sure many Boost users will benefit
from it.

Kudos!

- Volodya