Subject: Re: [boost] [property_tree] Still no support for space
From: Sebastian Redl (sebastian.redl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-02 02:55:27

Preston A. Elder wrote:
> I noticed property_tree just got updated in the SVN repository.
> As per my previous email, RapidXML was upgraded from 1.0 -> 1.13.
>
> All well and good. This did fix problems with whitespace handling in
> previous versions - or more correctly, it split the functionality so it
> was controlled by 2 different flags.
>
> However, in addition to this, the flags passed to RapidXML have changed.
> Specifically, now the flags parse_normalize_whitespace and
> parse_trim_whitespace are both passed to RapidXML. And there is no way
> to disable this. In fact, there is no way to adjust space parsing at
> all in property_tree.
>
> The reason this is of concern to me is this. There is no way to get
> this to work:
> <field> <field>
> or
> <field>] <field>
> or
> <field>&#32;</field>

Hi,

I'm aware of the issue, and even tried the whitespace preserving method.
I've used the flags to make things work the same way as the old version
for now, because preserving whitespace made XML round-tripping fail -
probably because of the pretty-printing in the output. I have to
investigate this further and will give the space-preserving option (and
probably make it the default) as soon as I can. For now, however, I
wanted to get my work on the trunk so that I get test results from the
automated testers.

Sebastian