Subject: Re: [boost] [Polygon] performance
From: Arash Partow (arash_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-02 20:01:23

Luke, I'd like to suggest a set of polygons to be used for testing and comparisons purposes for any proposals (not just yours).

The basis for timing and results can be GPC and a specially modified version of GPC to use arbitrary precision types(replace double to gmp real and some other tweaks relating to the tolerance const).

I can provide these polygons, and also others can contribute to the set as well with specific operations etc. I believe doing this will allow for concepts such as

    1. Validity
    2. Robustness
    3. Performance

to be determined/realised in a very black and white manner without having to resort to long explanations. I don't think the debate here should be about the internal details of the implementation but rather of interfaces, which I think your proposal seems to have done quite well.

Arash