Subject: Re: [boost] [1.41.0] Release branch open for merges
From: Richard Newman (richard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-04 13:10:35

 From our perspective as long-time Boost users, the new release schedule
is much more palatable and better supports our production development
cycles. Boost has made tremendous strides in its adoptability just
because of the quarterly release heartbeat. Our compliments to everyone
involved in making this work so well over the last several releases: I
know this take a lot of attention and dedication to pull off well.

Just a brief comment, I agree that "every 3 months" is a better ideal
(an ideal ideal?), in part because it counters longer than intended
release cycles and helps assure that the average cycle is quarterly even
if it must reasonably be missed now and again. Plus short cycles after
long (and presumably more involved) cycles help make sure valuable
"maintenance oriented" occasionally occur.

Thanks again,
Richard

Richard Newman
richard_at_[hidden]