Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost.Breakable] Any interest in a Boost Breakable library?
From: Pierre Morcello (pmorcell-cppfrance_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-06 16:05:56

exists the scope from anywhere in between, that's a function.

Yes, I remember thinking like this at the beginning. But declaring a function each times sometimes makes the code less readable. It's like declaring a functor for iterating over all objects of a collection : you can do it but BOOST_FOREACH is just much more readable. What is more you need to give a name to your function. It's just more complicated than just writing the name of the macro.

Creating a function when you only want to solve a break-scope problem is doing too much IMHO. It's using a specific aspect of the language that allows to break anywhere, not a tool that is meant to do it.

Best regards,

Pierre