Subject: Re: [boost] [GIL] image rescale algorithms
From: Christian Henning (chhenning_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-06 16:09:10

Hi Nicolas,

I have been reading and testing some of your code, mainly the
resampling part. It's great stuff! Thanks.

Please read my comments. They are in random order and of different priorities:

* You have created a clamp_channel_fn. Isn't that the same as gil's
scoped_channel_value?

* I would like to invite you to format your code with the appropriate
headers into the boost format. I can help you here.

* Can you use source code from the freeimage project and relabel it
under the MIT license?

* You define a vertical_flip algorithm. Did you notice gil's
flipped_left_right_view?

* I would move filters.hpp and filter_weight_table.hpp into your detail\ folder.

* resample.hpp should include filters.hpp.

* for writing test I recommend boost::test/

As, I said, I like your contribution. What do you think of adding it
to my gil contribution subversion? This is place where people,
including me, keep their submissions. I would add you as a member
though you have the access permissions. The URL is
http://code.google.com/p/gil-contributions/ .

Another idea is to write a freeimage image reader and writer and add
it to my gil::io_new project. What do you think of that?

Regards,
Christian