Subject: [boost] More Move notes
From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-07 17:56:17

on Mon Sep 07 2009, David Abrahams <dave-AT-boostpro.com> wrote:

> Hi Ion,
>
> A few things I noticed looking through move.hpp in the sandbox

Also, I wonder if the algorithms in move.hpp shouldn't use move_iterator
and dispatch to the ones in std::? As it is, they'll miss optimizations
that may be in the library such as loop unrolling, and this seems like a
good opportunity to offload code and maintenance work.

The rvalue-enabled libstdc++ has still further optimizations, e.g. using
memcpy where with move_iterators wrapped around pointers to PODs, etc.,
but while that's an efficiency win, trying to do something like that
would also increase your code size, so maybe you don't want to.

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing