Subject: Re: [boost] Boost.CrashReport?
From: Edouard A. (edouard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-09 05:21:03

On Wed, 09 Sep 2009 11:15:47 +0200, "Boris Schaeling" <boris_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> I would prefer something platform-independent and something I've more
> control over (eg. not every user wants crash reports to be transmitted
> automatically to a website). In the moment I would give google-breakpad a

> try although it doesn't come with any documentation.

A legitimate concern (btw Windows error reporting is fully customizable by
the user).

In my opinion the difficulty of the crash reporting library is on the
server side, that doesn't mean there's nothing to do on the client side.

What a Boost.Crash library could do is be able to gather a "minidump" plus
some logs, package that in a file and have it ready to be handed over to
whatever reporting server you're using.

--
EA