Subject: [boost] scoped_ptr deleter
From: Berserker (berserker_r_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-15 03:48:46

I know it has been asked in the past, but I still don't understand why scoped_ptr lacks this feature.
The "noncopyable nature" of scoped_ptr allows to support deleters with simply an extra template
parameter (default value is boost::checked_deleter): this change doesn't require extra memory
overhead (like in shared_ptr) and it consists of 2 lines.

template<class T,
class D = boost::checked_deleter> // first patch line
class scoped_ptr
{
// ...

public:
    ~scoped_ptr()
   {
      // ...
      deleter()(ptr); // second patch line, instead of boost::checked_delete
   }
};

Any hope to apply this patch?

Gossip, Sport, Notizie... Accendi la Messenger TV!
http://www.messenger.it/messengerTV.aspx