Subject: Re: [boost] SQL client library ?
From: Jean-Louis Leroy (jl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-16 15:24:42

Alp Mestan wrote:
> No. I'm rather thinking about connecting all these things to a large
> spectrum of RDBMS (I guess you plan to do so).

I would like each backend to be a very thin layer on top of the native
API. And make it easy to write, at least the basics (direct exec,
prepare statements, bind results and parameters, execute prepared
statements and iterate with a cursor, transactions). You can already go
a long way with that. I have been able to make a very capable
object-relational mapper with just 340 lines of ODBC-specific code.

Boost.RDB is likely to be a never-ending projects, what matters is that
it's copiously useful and the rest will come with time...

J-L