Subject: Re: [boost] [multi_index] Missing mutex lock?
From: Anatoly Pinchuk (appinchuk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-18 03:50:10

> Hi again,
>
> Maybe I answered too fast. Considering the following scenario:
>
> Thread A: iterator it1=it2;
> Thread B: c.erase(...);
>
> we have a race as iterator assigning meddles with the
> internal safe iterator list. I tend to consider the scnario
> above as legitimate, so maybe we have an issue here. Thanks
> for reporting. Let me study this a little further,
> I've created a ticket for it at:

Hi Joaquin,

Yes, the race seems to be real since there are list manipulations without
locking the list first. Even if these manipulations are done in the context of
exclusive container operation, like delete, it is possible that other thread
is changing the same list as result of an iterator related operation, like
iterator destruction.

Thanks,
Anatoly