Subject: Re: [boost] Double free from UTF
From: Gennadiy Rozental (rogeeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-29 05:04:12

Juergen Hunold <juergen.hunold <at> ivembh.de> writes:

> Hi Gennadiy,
>
> On Tuesday 29 September 2009, Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
>
> > I believe this is now resolved.
>
> No, after your last commit I get:
>
> /home/hunold/packages/boost/boost/test/impl/framework.ipp: In member
> function 'void boost::unit_test::framework_impl::clear()':
> /home/hunold/packages/boost/boost/test/impl/framework.ipp:131: error:
> 'test_id_2_unit_type' was not declared in this scope

Right. Fixed now. I was testing with 1.39

> Seems something is still missing...
>
> And as mentioned in another thread, using virtual destructors and
> getting rid of the (now even old-style casts ( ) might be a much
> better idea.

You can read my reply there. By the way, I am not a language lawyer, but it
seems that the fact that making destructor virtual resolved the issue is just a
coincidence. In other words with slightly different compiler implementation I
see nothing preventing it to generate the same problem in case of virtual
destructor.

Gennadiy