Subject: Re: [boost] [std_rdb] [rdb] 0.0.10 + documentation
From: Jean-Louis Leroy (jl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-01 16:31:43

> My library has very little in common with your library. While your library
> is
> mainly fucused on creating valid SQL strings (please correct me if I am
> wrong),

...and make sure that the results of the query land in C++ variables in
a type-safe manner. Which was the original goal, the idea of preventing
the composition of an illegal sql statement came afterward.

> it might be interesting to
> combine our libraries or use them together as a base for a higher level
> library.
>
> Please have a look at the example at
> https://async-db.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/async-db/trunk/examples/mysql.cpp

Yes it looks like it makes sense.

My "sql constructors" return models of very simple concepts that contain
a few typedefs (a tag, a result type) and a str(ostream&) function for
converting the object graph into text. Later I'll have prepared
statements too but it seems that it's feasible, maybe even easy, to slip
my objects under your framework.

Interesting times :-)

J-L