Subject: Re: [boost] svn.boost.org has invalid ssl certifcate
From: Marshall Clow (mclow.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-06 12:52:25

On Oct 5, 2009, at 1:13 PM, Markus Werle wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Maybe this is only an issue with paranoid or misocnfigured
> firefox, but annoying anyway, since I change platforms very often.
>
> firefox reports:
>
> svn.boost.org uses an invalid security certificate.

Firefox is incorrect. The certificate is valid.

> The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is
> unknown.
> (Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer)

This, however, is correct - Firefox, as shipped, does not contain the
"University of Indiana Computer Science Department Certificate
Authority" cert in its' certificate store; hence, it cannot verify the
signature on the cert.

> Can this be fixed on the server side?

I'm sure it can be fixed - for $99/year/server, last I time checked.

-- Marshall