Subject: [boost] [rdb] Repository, contributing, copyright, etc
From: Jean-Louis Leroy (jl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-07 13:26:17

* Respository

I have set up a Mercurial repository for rdb. You can get a copy with
this command:

    hg clone https://boost-rdb.googlecode.com/hg/ boost-rdb

You can view the source without installing Mercurial at that URL.

* Contributing

For those who consider contributing: I would like to keep clear
copyright on this work. I propose the following arrangement: if you send
me a patch that touches any of my copyrighted files, and I decide to use
it, then you agree to transfer the copyright on the entire patch content
to me. In return, I guarantee: 1/ the files touched by the patch will
remain available under the Boost license 2/ you will get credit for it
in the "Acknowledgements" section of the doc.

If you create a set of files that is independant from mine and wish to
put it in the distributions or in the repository, then you retain the
copyright on them and set the rules you want. What I have in mind here
is a native binding to a database. I hope that by next year we will have
native bindings for all the major databases and obviously I am not going
to write them all by myself.

* Please help

I am looking for the sql 2003 syntax expressed as a graph, preferably
available online. Books suggestions are welcome too.

* Extensibility

For a small touch of technical stuff in this mail: I am trying hard to
make it easy to support the various dialects. Here is a proof of concept
(add MySQL LIMIT clause):
https://boost-rdb.googlecode.com/hg/libs/rdb/doc/examples.cpp

J-L