Subject: Re: [boost] [MPI?] which API should i use for this?
From: Yigong Liu (yigongliu_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-09 23:25:27

It really depends on what kind of applications you are writing and what
other libraries your app is built on. If you are writing your apps from
scratch, it will be easier. For example if it is a networking app using
boost.asio, you can easily post events to asio's main threads. You can also
have a look of my join/channel libs (http://channel.sourceforge.net).
However if your app is architectured around other libs such as some GUI
frameworks. Most possibly the app main thread is already taken by the
framework. Better check out the frameworks' threading / synchronization
policy and very possibly it already provide some native api to post an event
to its main thread safely.
Regards
Yigong