Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost.Build] Unexpected MSVC linker error
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-11 09:13:28

Sergey Zubkovsky <sergzub <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using bjam and VC++2008 Express Edition to build date_time library,
> for example.
> When I try to link it with my project I have the error:
>
> LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file
> 'boost_date_time-vc90-mt-gd-1_40.lib'
>
> The bjam's command line options are : --layout=tagged toolset=msvc
> The name of the genereated lib file is "boost_date_time-mt-gd.lib".
> The error doesn't occur if the "--layout" option is "versioned" or
> "system".

This error is expected when using the 'tagged' layout. autolink requires
that you build Boost using 'versioned' layout. The fact that 'system' works
is probably due to the fact that you have already build with 'versioned'
layout, so have the libraries already.

You can disabled autolinking using BOOST_ALL_NO_LIB macro set to 1.

Does this answer your question?

- Volodya