Subject: Re: [boost] [1.41] Build files locations, try 3
From: troy d. straszheim (troy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-14 15:22:30

Vladimir Prus wrote:
> Some time ago, I have raised the concern that CMakeList.txt
> files violate directory structure requirements. See:
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/189496/
>
> I have pinged this a few times, see:
>
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/193415
>
> to no response. Now, with 1.41 going out soon, can we finally solve
> this issue? To rehash, the options we have are:
>
> 1. Move Jamfiles to the top-level directory of each lib
> 2. Move CMakeList.txt files to the build subdir
> 3. Adjust library guidelines.
> 4. Remove library guidelines, since they seem to be ignored.
>
> I hope we don't end up with option 4, of course.

Unless somebody takes over maintenance of cmake in SVN, I'm going to
remove cmake from trunk and release in the next couple of days, before
1.41 gets frozen. The reasoning was explained in previous threads. We
cmakers are alive and well and have a good system for creating cmakeable
distributions in the weeks after each release.

-t