Subject: Re: [boost] [bind] bound object type introspection
From: OvermindDL1 (overminddl1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-14 19:08:18

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 4:02 PM, Steven Watanabe <watanabesj_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> AMDG
>
> Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
>>
>> Following the discussion on users list I came to conclusion it's
>> impossible at the moment to deduce argument types of bound object passed to
>> the function template.
>>
>> Is there any reason why this can't be added in the manner similar to the
>> boost::function typedefs?
>
> It's difficult to make a good interface for this, since
> the function objects created by bind can be polymorphic.

You might look at Boost.Fusion and Boost.Phoenix. Fusion has some
very interesting building and invoking capabilities, Phoenix uses
Fusion. Phoenix has a bind (and function) that can fully replace the
normal Boost ones, but have vastly better introspection ability (and
many other abilities). I am not sure it has everything you want, but
it should at least have more.