Subject: Re: [boost] [filesystem] truncate() function?
From: Gottlob Frege (gottlobfrege_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-18 00:29:13

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 1:12 PM, Peter Foelsche
<peter_foelsche_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> "Gottlob Frege" <gottlobfrege_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>>
>> But I can see this being a more general (and useful) feature - a SIG
>> handler that converts to C++ exceptions.  (I've written similar for
>> Windows Structured Exceptions in the past.)
>

> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.c++/browse_thread/thread/8b4cde4d2bfed8a2/8a1f53ebaabd167b?lnk=gst&q=exception#8a1f53ebaabd167b

Lots of interesting reading in there - thanks.

I think one of the unmentioned conclusions to be made from the
discussion is that some signals/OSExceptions are recoverable, some are
not. This also ties in with past discussions about whether contract
violations should throw or abort() or 'do not pass go, but go straight
to some sort of panic-save-exit routine'.

Tony